Welcome to CalArts!
This is intended to be a quick reference guide to the services that are available to you as Calarts Faculty. If you have any questions, or need help with any of these services, please don't hesitate to contact us in the IT department.
How to Contact IT
If you have any questions or difficulties with CalArts accounts or processes, just contact IT and we can lend a hand. CalArts is a small community and we want to make sure every CalArtian's experience is as smooth and easy as possible!
Get to Know Your CalArts Accounts
There are two primary accounts that you will have at CalArts:
- Your CalArts Credentials (click here for reset instructions)
- Used for Hub & WebAdvisor, the CASecure wireless network, the Campus Alert system, and VPN. If your computer is directly supported by the IT department it is most likely your computer login as well. If you change your CalArts Credentials password it will affect all of these services.
- Your Email account (CalArts uses Google Apps)
- This will be the primary method of communication between you and CalArts, and can be used to login to web services that accept Google login. CalArts IT can only support email problems using the web interface. If you choose to use OS X Mail, Outlook, or the like we may be unable to help you; this also applies to forwarded email.
These accounts are purposefully disparate and we encourage you to have distinct passwords for each. Any accounts outside of these will likely be departmental or special accounts that IT may or may not have involvement in and will be setup at a later date.
What To Do First
Setup Your CalArts Credentials
Your supervisor should have your New Staff sheet, which contains your username and initial password. To set your CalArts Credentials ask a coworker to help you go through these steps:
- Go to http://forms.calarts.edu/start
- Enter in your temporary credentials from your New Staff sheet
- The system will ask you to reset your password immediately, this is your CalArts Credentials password.
Login to Your Computer
For most staff, specifically those in departments that have full IT support, the next step is going to be logging in to your computer with the password that you set in Step 1. If you change your CalArts Credentials for the Hub, your computer login will change as well.
For Staff in departments not fully under IT support your process might be a bit different and is likely outside of the scope of this article. Your school or department may have their own procedures for logging you on to a computer.
Login to Your Email
Your temporary email credentials are the same as your temporary CalArts Credentials on your New Staff sheet. Upon your first login you will be prompted to change the password to something of your choosing. At this time the only way to change a lost or forgotten email password is to contact IT.
- Open up your browser of choice
- Go to http://mail.calarts.edu
- Login using your full @calarts.edu email address
- Set a new password for your email account
That's (basically) It!
We have a section of this website specifically for Faculty and Staff. You're encouraged to take a look to see what is available to you as a Staff member at CalArts. If you think there's something missing, please tell us what you want to see!
Here are a few articles that might help get you started: