Welcome to CalArts!
This is intended to be a quick reference guide to the services that are available to you as a new CalArtian! If you have any questions, or need help with any of these services, please don't hesitate to contact us in the IT department!
How to Contact IT
If you have any questions or difficulties with CalArts accounts or processes, just contact IT and we can lend a hand. CalArts is a small community and we want to make sure every CalArtian's experience is as smooth and easy as possible!
Get to Know Your CalArts Accounts
CalArts Single Sign-On (SSO) lets you sign in to all of your CalArts applications with one username and password. Once authenticated to CalArts SSO, you just click on your desired application and are automatically logged in.
There are two primary accounts that you will have at CalArts:
- Your CalArts Credentials
- Used primarily for SSO, on-campus printing, and the on-campus CASecure wireless network. We are continually adding new services and combining existing services that use your CalArts Credentials, so it will likely be your most used username and password!
- Your Email account (CalArts uses Google Apps)
- Your CalArts email account will be the only avenue for Institute news, events, and other communications. Since we use Google Apps you can utilize your CalArts email account to log in to external services that offer Google logins. CalArts IT can only support problems with the web interface, however, so if you choose to use OS X Mail, Outlook, or the like we may be unable to help you.
Any accounts outside of these will likely be school, departmental, or special accounts that IT may or may not have involvement with and will be setup at a later time in your specific program or job.
What To Do First
Set Your SSO Password
Your CalArts SSO Credential is certainly your most important CalArts account. It's used for everything from signing up for classes, accessing financial aid information, to wireless access!
Look for an email from the CalArts Admissions Office titled "Your new CalArts Credentials" containing your temporary password, then:
Head on over to CalArts SSO: https://sso.calarts.edu
Click here for the instructions for: New User SSO signup
Login to the Hub
Once you've set your CalArts SSO password you're all set to login to the Hub! Just head over to https://hub.calarts.edu and login with your CalArts SSO Credentials.
We recommend viewing the Hub on a desktop web browser. Mobile devices will work, but the experience is significantly less elegant than from a desktop computer.
Login to Your Email Account
This step comes only after your deposit has been processed.
Log in to sso.calarts.edu with your CalArts SSO Credentials
On the dashboard, choose Google.
Adding an Account on an iPhone:
- Go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
- Tap Add Account, then select Google.
- Enter your full email address: email@example.com
- You'll be redirected to enter in SSO credentials.
CalArts email accounts are hosted on G-Suite, so if you have already have a Gmail account it should look very familiar!
That's (basically) It!
We have a section of this website specifically for Students. You're encouraged to take a look to see what is available to you as a CalArtian. The list is constantly changing, so if you think there's something missing, or if you'd like to see something specific, please tell us!
Here are a few articles that might help get you started: