IT recognizes an institute need for temporary instructional, business, and personal equipment checkout. This is available to Faculty, Staff, and Students on an as-available basis.
Terms and Conditions
In order to maintain equipment availability to our community IT has instituted the following terms and conditions:
- Equipment can be borrowed for a maximum of two calendar weeks.
- Depending on demand equipment can be checked out again after being returned.
- If equipment is not returned by Staff or Faculty the replacement value will be charged to your School or Department.
- If equipment is not returned by Students the replacement value will be sent to Accounting to be placed on your account.
- We reserve the right to refuse this privilege to anyone.
- Equipment can be reserved, within reason.
- Do not depend on equipment availability. This service is a safety net, not a guarantee.
Failure to return equipment will terminate your ability to borrow in the future.
What Equipment is Available?
Equipment availability varies according to what we have on hand and who is requesting it. Capital equipment checkout (computers, projectors, etc) is generally available only to Faculty and Staff with recharge account numbers in case of damage or loss.
The following table is not exhaustive and demonstrates what is generally available:
|Faculty and Staff (Schools or Departments)
|Faculty and Staff (Individuals)
|Visiting Artists (or those without CalArts accounts)