09:20AM - While it is difficult to determine the exact cause in disruptions like this, our investigation has pointed to an unexpected event within a core component of our network infrastructure. Normal operations have resumed and our environment is not exhibiting any abnormal behavior.
In response to this event we are scheduling a highly impactful maintenance period for Saturday, March 30th, 2019, from 09:00AM - 09:00PM PDT. We will be sending a specific announcement for that maintenance period shortly.
08:54AM - Internet connectivity has been restored, investigation is ongoing.
IT is actively investigating an unplanned service disruption. As we have more information we will update this article, our Twitter feed, and Facebook page.
- What: Campus internet connection service interruption
- Reported/Discovered: ~8:46AM, 3/5/2019
- Estimated Impact: All internet connectivity was unavailable on campus
- Related Events (if any): Pending further investigation.
- CAIT Article: https://cait.calarts.edu/hc/en-us/articles/360019253933
If you have any questions or concerns please submit an IT ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet @CalArtsIT, or call x7887.