On Wednesday, August 15th, from 3:10PM to 3:55PM PST, CalArts IT experienced an unplanned service disruption to our Papercut printing system.
During this disruption printing and copying through PaperCut was unavailable. While we have restored functionality, printing statistics from 4:00AM through 4:00PM may be inaccurate.
• What: Unplanned Papercut Service Disruption
• When: August 15th at 3:10PM PST
• Why: Misconfiguration during maintenance of user accounts.
• Expected Impact: PaperCut services were unavailable from ~3:10PM PST to ~3:55PM PST. A full server restore was necessary, resulting in today's printing logs being wiped from 4:00AM PST to ~3:55PM PST. IT did retain logs relating to changes in account balances, however, and will be re-applying those transactions to affected accounts.
• CAIT Article: https://cait.calarts.edu/hc/en-us/articles/360008052434
If you have any questions or concerns please submit an IT ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet @CalArtsIT, or call x7887.