This article describes the process of enabling 2-Factor Authentication on your CalArts email account.
1. Log into your CalArts email account
2. Select: Google Apps > My Account
4. Select: 2-Step Verification
4.1. Choose a phone number that you have access to in order to receive authentication verification codes
5. Enter the verification code
After signing-in again, complete your phone verification by entering the verification code that was sent via text or voice call.
6. Check to see which way you are currently set up to receive verification codes > Switch to the Google Authenticator app
6.1. Select your phone type
7. Install Google Authenticator (if you don't already have it) from the App Store, and set up Authenticator
If you have an iPhone, download the Google Authenticator app here.
If you have an Android, download the Google Authenticator app here.
7.1. Use your phone's camera, inside of the app, to scan the barcode on your computer.
7.2. After using your phone's camera to scan the barcode on your computer, a code will appear on your phone's Google Authenticator app.
7.3. Insert that code, on your computer.
8. You should see this message, on your computer, if the setup was successful
9. And that's it. The next time you log in, you should be presented with a screen that says something similar to this:
Open the Google Authenticator app (on your phone) and enter your code.
Please sign in to leave a comment.