Why am I unable to get to my email?
Recently Google changed the CalArts email login page, which now requires everyone to sign in through the Gmail web portal. With this change we have noticed a substantial increase in the number of users running into temporary account or conflict issues.
This problem seems to be sporadic and does not happen to all users. We have been unable to replicate the problem in our office. If you see this type of error when logging in to your account try the following steps as a work-around.
Here's an example of what you might see. This individual manages two @calarts.edu accounts and, when he loaded into his personal account, was greeted with an error saying he had to separate his account into a personal and organizational account.
This is an error that at first sounds and looks quite concerning. We recommend logging out entirely of any Google accounts you might be using and removing them from your computer (don't worry, you're just removing a temporary file from your computer but this won't affect your actual email account), then logging back on through http://mail.calarts.edu with your full CalArts email address and password.
If the issue persists, or you use a bookmark to get to your mail, gives these instructions a quick read:
Note: For the immediate time being we have found a possible work around that seems to have worked for a handful of users.
- Change your CalArts email password! Here is an article on how to reset your CalArts email password. If you have any issues changes your password please submit an IT ticket and we would be happy to assist!
- Check if you are using a bookmark to open your email
- If you are using a bookmarked page to access your email please verify that the bookmark points to either mail.calarts.edu or mail.alum.calarts.edu.
- Your bookmark might have been set to a https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1#inbox if you bookmarked the page after you had already been logged in. This seems to be one of the causes for this issue, you should edit your bookmark and have the URL point directly to either of the links above.
2. Check if you have multiple sign-ins
- Users that use multiple logins seems to be effected by this issue as well. We recommend that you remove all the accounts that may be listed on your gmail sign in, including the %calarts.edu@gtempaccount. Once these have been removed try navigating to either mail.calarts.edu or alum.calarts.edu "this will redirect you to the gmail portal" then try logging in again.
3. Clearing your cache and cookies
- If none of the work arounds above worked we would recommend you try clearing your browsers cache and cookies. Once these have been cleared fully close out of your web browser and try re logging back into your email.
- Alternatively, you can try using a separate web browser and see if you are able to login.
If you aren't sure how to clear your cache and cookies please go to one of the following links for your specific web browser: