Contacting IT has never been easier. Whether you're a Student, Faculty or Staff member, a parent with questions, or a prospective student, the IT ticket system is open to you. If we don't know the answer to your question we will, at the very least, be able to send you off in the right direction!
If you are a Faculty or Staff member who is requesting a purchase we will need an account number before a purchase can be made. Just let us know what you're interested in and we'll get you a quote in no time for you to approve. Just post your account number with your approval and we'll send the purchase order along!
Easiest: Submitting through Email
The easiest way to get a hold of IT is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. That will put your request directly into the ticket system, removing the necessity to type in your name, email address, etc. We may end up needing a bit more information depending on your problem, but this is still the quickest way of getting in touch.
Most Thorough: Submitting through the request form
A few clicks is all it takes to submit a ticket through our website.
- Start by clicking on the Submit A Request button at the top of the page
- Enter in your contact Email Address. If you're having problems accessing your CalArts mail make sure to enter an address that you do have access to, otherwise we won't be able to reach you! Let us know which account you're having trouble accessing in the Description field!
- We need your legal Name for anything that requires identity verification (like email account inquiries, etc). If you have changed your name since your time at CalArts use your current name, followed by your old name in the Description field.
- Select the Category to which you most closely belong. If you're a Student or Alumni, click on that option, if you're Faculty or Staff, click on the School or Department you're in.
- The Subject line is where you give us a brief description of your problem, question, or request. This is what we use to organize the tickets in our system, so the more concise the better!
- Description is where you give us the meat of the problem, question, or request. Don't hold back here, give us any and all relevant details. Don't worry, we'll ask you for anything that's missing when we process the ticket!
- While a Phone Number isn't necessary for most tickets, if you're having connectivity issues or you would just rather talk to us on the phone, provide a contact number here. If you're on campus it can be an extension, or a cell phone number if you're out and about.
- Feel free to add screenshots or other files as Attachments if you're having a specific error, or other relevant material that you think will be helpful to solving your issue.
Submitting through Twitter
A simple tweet with @CalArtsIT in the message will open up a ticket. If we need to DM you we'll ask you to follow us!